239 North Lilydale Road, North Lilydale, TAS 7268Price: Offers over $570,000
- hotel 3
- hot_tub 2
- directions_car 4
Charming Country Home with Spectacular Rural Views
Beautiful rendered mud brick and timber home on approximately 10 acres of gently undulating pasture, located 5 minutes outside the village of Lilydale and approximately 30 minutes from Launceston. The house is situated at the rear of the land and is peaceful and secluded, with excellent views of Mount Arthur. The property is well suited to the horse enthusiast, being close to nearby riding trails and has three fenced paddocks, a dressage arena and tack room. An attractive feature of the property is its garden with 3 stately old Oaks, numerous fruit trees and vegetable gardens. Another talking point is the huge barn which is divided into a garage /machinery store with attached workshop/studio which lends itself to numerous creative possibilities.
• Delightful 3 bedroom, part two storey character home with extensive use of local timber.
• Spacious ground floor living area with cathedral ceilings, attractive Blackwood kitchen and built in historic combustion stove. French doors leading through to the sun room which provides extensive views over the property and surrounding landscape.
• Other accommodation on the ground floor includes two good sized bedrooms, bathroom with spa bath, separate toilet and laundry.
• The upper level provides a very private master suite with spacious bedroom, ensuite bathroom, separate study/dressing room and sewing/reading room.
• Cosy warmth is provided by a heat pump, built in wood heater and electric panel heater.
• 5.4 kilowatt grid connected solar
• Wireless NBN connected.
• Three water tanks provide approximately 45,000 litres house supply. Additional 8,000 litres of emergency supply.
• Summer living can be enjoyed on the two verandahs and covered entertaining area.
• Additionally, a separate freestanding studio/teenager's retreat provides further accommodation options.
• The barn provides tandem parking for 4 cars and additional machinery, and has extensive built in workbenches and shelving. The attached studio/workshop is fully glazed along its northern side, has a built in wood-heater and secure storeroom.
• Other outbuilding include a wood shed with attached store/tractor shed.
• Tack room and chook shed with fenced external compound.
• Freestanding aviary.
• The land is fully fenced and divided into three paddocks. Mainly pasture, although there is a small lightly timbered section for firewood supply. Previously running a small flock of sheep and two horses, but currently home to three alpacas.
• Two spring fed ponds provide ample water for stock and also pumped water supply to the house gardens.
The nearby village of Lilydale provides extensive amenities which include school, IGA grocery store, Post Office, petrol, doctor, pharmacy, pub, takeaway, coffee shop and pool. There is a popular monthly market held in the village hall. Work on the proposed North East Rail Trail is expected to begin soon and will provide an added attraction for bike and rail enthusiasts.
Local Council: Launceston.
Year Built 1990.
Open for inspection by appointment.
For Sale By Owner (www.forsalebyowner.com.au) is a national service for property owners who are looking to sell or rent out real estate without paying any commission. Whilst every care has been taken to verify the accuracy of the details in this advertisement, we cannot guarantee its correctness. Prospective buyers or tenants need to take such action as is necessary, to satisfy themselves of any pertinent matters.