35 Quoin Island St, Gladstone Harbour, QLD 4680Price: $349,000 negotiable
- hotel 3
- hot_tub 1.5
- directions_car 1
"Fishtales" a stylish, well maintained, 3 bedroom eco house on Quoin Island in Gladstone Harbour Qld
"Fishtales" has 3 bedrooms
• sleeps up to 9
• one bathroom and a laundry
• an open plan living area
• has a maritime styling with high raking ceilings
• is flooded by natural light from high louvers
• is fully insulated with windows placed to pick up cooling breezes
• has 3 outside living areas
• awarded a record 8.5 environmental stars and is self sufficient for power, water and sewerage.
It was designed by Elizabeth Anderson from leading Brisbane architectural firm Hayes, Anderson and Lynch and is designed to remain cool during the long summer that Gladstone generally has given its sub tropical climate.
Quoin Island (named by Matthew Flinders) is entirely privately held with the Harbour Views Estate at its centre with a resort on the Southern end which includes a turtle rehabilitation facility. The estate is freehold land held in a group title with 50 acres of common land maintained by the body corporate. There is no public land so visitors are by invitation only.
The northern end has a prominent sand spit at low water; the best beaches are on the eastern side while much of the western side is mangrove with resident fish and crabs
Access is either by boat with a concrete ramp and 3 other suitable landing spots or by Curtis Ferries that run a regular service for vehicles and pedestrians. By boat it is a 10 to 15 minute run from Gladstone boat ramps so shopping and entertainment are at your doorstep.
The estate currently has 13 established houses and one underway with only 2 dwellings permanently occupied. Gladstone Regional Council is putting increasingly restrictive conditions on future houses on the unoccupied blocks while the steep cost of building remotely also discourages further development. Continued serenity and privacy are just about guaranteed.
Lot 35 on which "Fishtales" is built has 1500 m2 of usable freehold land running north/south with eastern water views to Facing Island, Gatcombe Heads and the shipping channels. A track runs down behind the block to the beach.
The off grid power system is a 24 volt, 800 amp hour system with lighting and energy efficient appliances selected to suit the capacity. The system was serviced this year, and a new fridge and water pump installed this year also. A header tank system was also added to gravity feed the toilet and cold water to the sink to minimise noise and power consumption. Included is a backup generator a fully rewound, re-conditioned 6.5 kva Honda which to date has never been needed to charge the system.
The house has just been repainted outside and extensive landscaping completed using drought resistant plants and available materials. It is move in ready, sale includes all furniture and furnishings, original art works, decor items and an island car, a 1999 Toyota Landcruiser Prado (No registration required as no public access). Just bring food, clothes and drinks; it is all there for the lucky buyer.
In the back yard there are water tanks, the septic system, and an artistic, unique fish cleaning bench, a 6m by 4 m man cave and a playground for kids.
Inspection by arrangement for serious buyers with times and dates in accord with ferry service times.
In summary a piece of paradise is yours for $349,000 or near offer. Cheap for the following
• An architect designed, well built and maintained stylish 3 bedroom eco beach house on 1500 m2 usable land.
• Fabulous water and bush views, wallabies and bird life
• Serenity and privacy with no traffic hassles or public nuisances
• Nothing to do, on settlement bring clothes, food and drinks and enjoy
• All furniture, furnishings, decor items and original art works included plus a Toyota Prado and a 6.5 kva Honda generator
• Extensive landscaping with quirky art features
• Self sufficiency for water, sewerage and electricity.
• Great fishing and crabbing without having to launch a boat but also a head start to the reef for keen fisher folk.
• Total annual cost for rates and levies of $1700.
• Possibility of a caretaker
Whilst every care has been taken to verify the accuracy of the details in this advertisement, For Sale By Owner (forsalebyowner.com.au Pty Ltd) cannot guarantee its correctness. Prospective buyers or tenants need to take such action as is necessary, to satisfy themselves of any pertinent matters.