Mount Evelyn, VIC 3796Price: $350,000
Established Home Delivery + Organic Food Store with Huge Potential to Expand
1. Beautiful physical organic store with loyal customer base, operating for over 8 years. Beautiful view, kids play area, bulk room, kitchen, groceries and fresh food. Plenty of parking + warehouse.
2. Home delivery business with subscription model offering fruit and veg boxes to customers around Melbourne. 150 - 200 orders per week being delivered by sub-contractors. Done in 1.5 days --> Huge potential to expand to more parts of Melbourne
3. Wholesale organic produce to health food stores + cafes
The business has been successfully running in the same location for over 8 years and has an incredible following of loyal and committed clientele in store and online.
In this time we have successfully run food classes and farming tutorials which were very profitable- but put a hold on these in 2018. They are very high in demand.
As the store comes with a fully fitted out kitchen, classes can be run outside of store hours.
The business in its current state has a physical food store that operates Monday - Friday 9-5pm and Saturdays 9-3. Currently closed Sundays (new vendor could operate Sundays to take advantage of the massive tourist trade on weekends).
It has an established online store built with a fully customisable store, fully automated subscription system that currently has 130 - 180 active subscriptions a week.
We pack around 200 home delivery orders in 8 hours. We outsource 100% of deliveries to sub contractors. Expenses could be reduced by a minimum $30,000 if the new owner took over deliveries with the supplied and branded van.
Based on the profit from the last 3 years and the huge potential for expansion we feel $550,000 would be a reasonable price.
Sale price includes all assets, goodwill, stock, website, changeover support, rental of the same store and a whole lot more.
SO MUCH POTENTIAL TO EXPANS:
1. At the end of 2018, I had a child and stepped out of the business and we reduced our wholesale clientele. The new buyers could easily increase this again to get net profit over $100,000.
2. I also don't work in the business and if the new owners wanted to work in the business they could significantly reduce wage expense by $50,000 per annum.
3. The business has a Class one food handling registration, which means it can operate as restaurant/ food production premises.
4. In terms of home delivery, we only supply a very small radius of Melbourne, the new buyers could expand this to increase home delivery dramatically
5. Our online store : we only have a handful of products available online as well as the produce boxes. The new buyers could expand the online offering to include all the 100's of products we currently stock in the physical store. There is also an opportunity to offer postage Australia Wide
6. Revenue could be dramatically increased by offering take home meals, take away food, smoothies, juices etc.
7. We have a substantial online presence with over 20,000 followers on Instagram and Facebook
8. We have a newsletter open rate of around 25% with around 5000 contacts.
9. Currently we engage in no online or offline advertising, we have solely grown via word of mouth, there is an opportunity for the new owners to grow via advertising
Rent will be at market rate and includes:
- Full equipped store with two checkouts, bulk room and full kitchen
- Warehouse with shelving
- Undercover packing area
Location is close to Montrose, Lilydale, Kilsyth and is on a main road.
Whilst every care has been taken to verify the accuracy of the details in this advertisement, For Sale By Owner (forsalebyowner.com.au Pty Ltd) cannot guarantee its correctness. Prospective buyers or tenants need to take such action as is necessary, to satisfy themselves of any pertinent matters.